Urban Economics and economic planning
Giles Consulting International has a wealth of experience in urban economics, economic development and socio-demographic analysis.
- Economic Development and Diversification strategies
- Economic assessments including Cost-Benefit analysis, Economic Impact Assessments, commercial demand and needs assessments
- Economic assessments of proposed planning schemes and planning reviews
- Relating commercial opportunities to a broader economic framework
Labour force and employment
The focus is on identifying the job opportunities for the future so that communities, developers and businesses can position their products and services towards meeting future needs. A thorough understanding of the underlying demographic structures underpins work on the labour force.
- Employment strategies for master planned communities
- Assessment of future employment driven demand for education sector products and services
- Employment market assessments to determine education and training opportunities
Within the context of forward looking economic development and related employment structures, Giles Consulting International has focussed on several emerging industries.
- Education and training, including international education, market assessments, business plans and infrastructure needs
- The policy and business aspects of the creative industries including film and television and multimedia
- Advanced manufacturing with particular emphasis on the marine industries
Strategic and business planning, business management and feasibility assessments
Good ideas need to stack up. The strategic planning, business planning and feasibility assessments undertaken by Giles Consulting International provide the link between the big picture vision and on-the-ground successful implementation. This is how we help clients achieve their objectives, on the basis of successful business strategies and practices.
Public policy advice including submissions and reports
We help clients tell their stories, based on solid data and rigorous analysis. We have worked for State agencies, Local government, Industry associations and companies to prepare major submissions to Commonwealth and State Parliamentary Inquiries, the Productivity Commission, the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission, Queensland Grants Commission and other agencies.